Monday, January 07, 2008

Yes

If... (1968)
directed by Lindsay Anderson
rating: 4 out of 5 cravats
on DVD from Netflix

If... dispatched by fatigue from his "No Country for Old Humanists" pancake, I vow today to never visit Dave Kehr's blog again, will my last memory be of the VeggieTales banner at the top of the page?

If... I look at these three Netflix sleeves for silent movies long enough, will I watch one of them this weekend?

If... it rains hard enough in Water Valley, will I regret my decision before work to "air out" my apartment with lots of open windows while I was at the office today?

If... I think about the Mexican fish I ate for dinner, will I be less hungry?

If... I complain that the ending was heavy-handed because it devolved into farce, instead of playing the assassination straight and flying right, can I still tell you how much I loved the movie?