Thursday, June 28, 2007

What We Mean When We Say Love



La Lohan out for a walk with her Spurs hat, June 28, 2007

Evan Almighty (2007)
directed by Tom Shadyac
rating: no cravats
seen on the screen at Oxford Studio Cinema

The most cynical movie about American politics and the people of the United States I have ever seen. Which is why, in part, I included that snapshot of Linds today; if you can't find a little faith in someone like that, you deserve your lonely ark with the finally unbearable Steve Carell.

Half-Baked (1998)
directed by Tamra Davis
rating: 4 out of 5 cravats
on DVD from Netflix and at The Signature at MGM Grand

It's hard to call a film that could adequately stand in for any conversation I've had with my best friends over the last nine or so years "perfect." This might be my blog but even I have my limits. Instead I'm happy to say it took me eight and a half years to watch all the way through to the public safety message at the end. The message, like the movie, is a classic, everything you're glad your best friends are.