Monday, April 23, 2007

Goldilocks

Hot Fuzz (2007)
directed by Edgar Wright
rating: 3 out of 5 cravats
seen on the screen at Studio on the Square

What is it about Studio on the Square that compels me to order popcorn in a higher eating to attendance ratio than any other mid-south screen? I've usually made myself sick before Bradford How even shuts his self-loathing trap! This time I regretted my decision to add butter the moment the woman working there began to apply it literally in layers, pausing between scoops of popcorn to procure the perfect parfait-themed distraction.

Anyway, Nate, how was the movie? I think that's a rhetorical question for "Hot Fuzz," because if - like me - you liked Shaun of the Dead, you might think "Hot Fuzz" got a little out of hand in the second half, but was otherwise funny and charming and, like the third bowl of porridge, maybe still porridge but otherwise just right.